Tuesday, May 4, 2010

SHARKS

I wrote this for one of my english classes. I can't find my camera, so beauty posts will be postponed (haha). But here's a poem I wrote! I'm not emo, I swear...


Every night I creep the weak

In the dark I move to seek

They startle easy and they dash

The fear adrenaline makes them move so fast

I stay vigilant, I hardly blink

I go faster than I can think

Their beady eyes dart around

I cut through space without a sound

My spine twists when the corners come

My ears prick up, I hear you hum

I’ve got you cornered, you’re in my sight

I move forward towards you, feeling light

Behind a rock, I start to hide

I keep my eyes on you and strategize

Do I move swiftly and just scoop you up?

Or do I move slowly and test my luck?

Do I pick you down and hold you still?

Or do I tear you apart against your will?

And once I have you, what will I do?

Do I go quickly, or do I savor you?

You start to move slow, swaying side to side

Ebbing and flowing, like the tide

You feel me watching, I need to take action

I need to move now to get my satisfaction

You’re looking to your left, so I attack from the right

I don’t make a sound so you won’t suspect my bite

You start to turn towards me, but it’s far too late

I’ve got you trapped as my delicious dinner date

You smell so good when you’re scared out of your skull

It makes every moment that much more savorable

I taste you while you slide around

Gasping for help, but not making a sound

Once I’m done with you, once I’ve had my fill

You lay there motionless, remnants of a kill

“Poor you, just a casualty of my cravings today!”

And I, the shark, I swim away.


No comments:

Post a Comment